After the live show last time it’s back to normal service. I played an eclectic mix of music and performed a live cover song by the band Cream. I also rambled a lot and I think the heat melted my brain, so it might be even more disorganised than usual. I hope you enjoy the show anyway.
- 00:00 – Juanitos – Sai-k-delic Party – CC BY Licensed – More groovy beats from these French fun makers. I heard this on The Bugcast and liked it a lot.
- 06:03 – Binary Zero – Dirty Clouds - CC BY-NC-ND Licensed - A DJ/producer from Glasgow, I loved this bit of electronic goodness.
- 09:15 – The Monster Brothers – Sack Of Bones – CC BY-SA Licensed – from Lugano, Switzerland. This one is from Jamendo and I don’t have a load of information about the artist. Check out their website for more.
- 16:47 – Sophie Ballamy – My Friend, The Moon – License Unknown – Sophie is a friend of Thom Morecroft and got in touch with me via Facebook. She emailed this track and I really enjoyed it. You can get her EP titled “My Friend, The Moon” on Amazon and iTunes.
- 20:04 – Bryyn – Laws of Physics - CC BY-NC-SA Licensed - A great track I heard via CCHits.netand their new website. Another Swiss artist. I’m on a swiss roll tonight… ok I’ll get my coat.
- 29:32 – Raphaël Chassigneux – Marina la lama - CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – A lovely bit of Latin music to welcome in the warm weather right now in Liverpool. These guys are from France.
- 30:57 – The Stirrups – Best Times – CC BY-NC_SA Licensed – From Montevideo, Uruguay these guys have a great classic indie sound. Reminds me a bit of The Strokes.
- 39:11 – Tijana Bass – Face Of Freedom - License Unknown – Another one from Chuck D’sSlamjamz.com label. A bit of drum and bass this time. Bring it on.
- 45:53 - LIVE SONG – Listener’s choice (kind of) – My haphazard version of “White Room” byCream.
- 51:38 – Sam Page – Lottery - License Unknown – An artist submission as this was emailed to me by Sam. I really love the sounds and production on this track. The vocals reminded me a little of Beck in places.
- 61:28 – Emerald Park – Reality Bites - CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – I’ve played this band plenty of times but I never get tired of hearing their music. Probably one of the best CC artists out there right now. This song is also beautifully produced.
Thanks to everyone who’s clicked the Flattr buttons to support the show recently.
Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Friday June 10th 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.
Original posting http://ratholeradio.org/