The evening kicked off with the fabulous Thom Morecroft, accompanied by Elle on vocals and Chris on percussion. I apologise for not knowing their surnames and will endeavour to find out more. Enjoy Thom’s set.
- 02:29 – Thom Morecroft – Moon Moon Shake It – License Unknown
- 05:49 – Thom Morecroft – Oh Rocko – License Unknown
- 10:33 – Thom Morecroft – Holly- License Unknown
Up next I took the stage with Gary on bass and Ross on drums as we played a 20lb Sounds live set. I broke a string in the 3rd song but pressed on. It’s one less to worry about right?
- 16:42 – 20lb Sounds – Change – CC BY-SA Licensed
- 20:20 – 20lb Sounds – Jimmy Carter – CC BY-SA Licensed
- 25:19 – 20lb Sounds – Teardrop – CC BY-SA Licensed
- 29:10 – 20lb Sounds – El Bubblino – CC BY-SA Licensed
Next we moved on to P’Chenga and their great live set. Jamie, Tony, Alan and Danny rocked the stage. Here’s a few tracks.
- 33:12 - P’Chenga – One Time – License Unknown
- 35:10 – P’Chenga – I Concur – License Unknown
- 38:05 – P’Chenga – Reggae Rock – License Unknown
- 41:25 – P’Chenga – The Wise Man And The Fool – License Unknown
Finally I was delighted to welcome one of my favourite artists in Liverpool right now, The Corinthians. Nicky Talent, Kyle The Unlikely, Little Dread and of course the main man Sonny on the beats. They tore the roof off with their very own brand of dub hop. Everyone was dancing. I don’t have all the track names here so please bear with me. Sorry.
- 46:54 – The Corinthians – Intro – License Unknown
- 50:18 – The Corinthians – Freestyle – License Unknown
- 54:43 – The Corinthians – Exit Us – License Unknown
- 61:30 – The Corinthians – The Hot One – License Unknown
A BIG thank you to all the artists who played on the night and everyone who watched and took part online or in the room. I had a great time, I hope you did too, and I hope that comes across in the recordings. I guess that’s it for another year. Phew!
I also want to direct you towards this hilarious review by friend Peter Cannon.
Support The Show:
The gig cost a little bit of money to put on and at the time of writing we’re a little bit short of breaking even. Thanks to everyone who gave money on the night. If you want to chip in you can do via Paypal or Flattr. I appreciate it.
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday May 27th 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.
Original posting http://ratholeradio.org/