- 00:00 - Freeky Cleen & Dickey F – GONE TRAIN BLUES - CC BY-SA Licensed – 2 artists I’ve played separately before but now they’ve joined forces to create this great slice of blues rock. You don’t wanna miss it. There’s a whole album available on Jamendo.
- 06:40 -Tracing Arcs – Babydoll (just chillin’ mix) - CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A great track that put me in mind of Portishead a bit at times. No bad thing.
- 12:47 -Farewell Republic – Wake - Licensed Unknown - Heard this via fellow North West podcaster Alan Carr and his show Darkhorse Radio.
- 22:32 -Phil Lee – 25 Mexicans - License Unknown – Another one I heard via Alan Carr when he submitted it for AMPed some time ago. I’ve been keeping it in my pocket. What an artist Phil Lee is and what a song.
- 26:25 -Silent Strike – Infinit - CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – This one I heard via CCHits.
- 36:26 -EGOMOTEL – LAST NIGHT -CC BY-NC-SA Licensed
- 40:17 -Teresa James & The Rhythm Tramps - Whet My Appetite - License Unknown – This is a track I heard on The Roadhouse podcast. Read her bio here – http://www.teresajames.com/bio-v2.htm
- 49:06 – LIVE TRACK – A bit of folk for St Patrick’s Day, “Dirty Old Town” by Ewan MacColl. I heard The Dublinersversion many times while growing up. My Dad is a big fan.
- 55:16 -Bill Borman – No Man Is An Island - CC BY-NC Licensed - Another track from CCHits. At first I wasn’t sure what to make of it but it quickly grew on me. A powerful song and a great performance full of dynamics and feeling. Enjoy!
- 68:15 -Model Society – Horizons - License Unknown – Another poached AMPed submission. This time fro Rowley at The DarkCompass Podcast. These guys were played by Steve Lamaq on 6 Music apparently too, I can see why.
Donations: No donations to mention this time but thank you to all the wonderful people who supported the show via Flattr! Your donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Please spread the word about the show. Tell 1 friend, it could make a big difference if everyone does it.
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
You can also find me on Twitter and Identi.ca. Like us on Facebook.
Next Live Show: Sunday March 18th 2012 at 9:00pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, but if people want to hang around and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio is a proud member of the Association Of Music Podcasting.
Original posting http://ratholeradio.org/