- 00:00 - cypher tales – ce produit fait de I effet - CC BY-SA Licensed— Banging choon!!! Get your glowsticks out and worship at the altar of rhythm. Big box, little box etc French artist living in Britain now I believe.
- 08:00 - These Animals – Side By Side – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Not much information available on this one. Found it in a random search on Jamendo. Liked it a lot.http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/88212
- 11:19 - 8in8 – Because The Origami – CC BY-NC Licensed – Another track from the Creative Commons super group. This group features Ben Folds (You should know him), Amanda Palmer (Dresden Dolls), Damien Kulash (OK Go) and Neil Gaiman (Legendary writer). Love the tag line “tomorrow’s super group today”.
- 18:17 - No Colour - Broken Turntables – CC BY-NC-ND Licensed – Another one from CCHits. Interesting instrumental hip hop.
- 22:06 - Elephant Noise – Please Let Me Be An Animal – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – A Spanish band I found while doing a search for Elephant on Jamendo. This new way of finding music is cool. This is from their self-titled album – http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/79202
- 28:04 – From Bad Panda – The Parish Of Little Clifton – It’s Okay, Rosanne – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Canadian multi-instrumentalist who’s only 19 years old. Impressive stuff.
- 32:23 - Orphan Songs – What You Want Is Lost - CC BY-SA Licensed — Lovely bit of folky stuff from Swedish artist Orphan Songs. Really enjoyed this.
- 38:23 - The Patinettes – Mystic Monkey - CC BY-NC-ND Licensed –http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/92449 – Found this during a random search for “monkey” on Jamendo. Spanish band with female singer. I like them a lot.
- 43:45 - LIVE TRACK – My rendition of “Superman’s Song” by Brad Roberts. One of their lesser known songs but a classic in my book. Thanks to Craig Edgmon for emailing with this request and reminding me of the tune. I used to sing it many years ago. It’s been a while.
- 49:39 - Dickey F – Snake Skin Blues – CC BY-SA Licensed – Some instrumental blues with nice guitar work from Unkrainian Dickey F. I don’t know if the blues is big in the Ukraine but it sounds like it should be http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/94015
- 57:39 - Kursed – Generation – CC BY-NC-SA Licensed – Kursed are a French band that my friend Anna found on Jamendo and kindly sent me. We were discussing searching Jamendo with one word and this came up – http://www.jamendo.com/en/album/96921
Massive thanks to Evgeny Kuznetsov and Armin Krauss for their donations. Plus all the people who clicked the Flattr button. My hosting bills love you, and so do I Plus all the people who clicked the Flattr buttons. It’s a non-profit enterprise. You donations are the reason I can do this. So click those Flattr buttons and use the Paypal link in the sidebar, and I’ll keep the music coming. Deal?
Get In Touch: Please send me your thoughts and feedback on the music I play or any other aspect of the show. If you make music or you know people who make music and you think they should be on the show, send me suggestions and demos by all means. I’m always pleased to find new music and share it with people. Most of that is down to you, the wonderful listeners and your wisdom.
Email all feedback and suggestions to – show AT ratholeradio.org
Next show: Sunday October 16th 2011 at 9pm UK time
Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoyed the show. Thanks also to everyone who turned up in our IRC channel at irc.freenode.net the channel name is #ratholeradio. I don’t expect much to happen there in the weeks between shows, I probably won’t be around much, but if people want to hang around in there and chat you’re more than welcome. Don’t forget you can access the channel from a web browser by going to webchat.freenode.net and entering #ratholeradio in the channel text box. Take care till next time folks.
Armin KraussSupport the show: If you’d like to leave a tip and help pay for the cost of making the show please use the Paypal button in the sidebar of the site. Or click the Flattr buttons.Music Sources and Licensing: A few of the tracks in this show are from the artists own personal websites and don’t contain licensing information. That’s why they are listed as unknown. The individual licenses are listed next to each track, where known. If there is no license listed you must assume all rights are reserved on that song.
Rathole Radio by Dan Lynch is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.
Proud Member of The Association Of Music Podcasting – visit musicpodcasting.org for more details.
Original posting http://ratholeradio.org/