Cracking the Code is a bursary Scheme from the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) to improve governance within Third Sector infrastructure organisations. The scheme offers up to £500 to improve the way that community and voluntary organisation are led and governed. The type of activities that could be funded include:
- Organising a Board away day
- Attending training on the latest legal updates or the roles and responsibilities of board members
- Improving an organisation’s recruitment and induction systems
- Holding a stakeholder forum to improve strategic planning
- Carrying out a governance review.
In return for the bursary the NCVO will ask organisations to write a case study and develop a method to share the knowledge and experiences with other in the local area.
The deadline for applications is the 30th June 2010. For further information, visit: http://www.ncvo-vol.org.uk/crackingthecode